Facebook by the numbers:
- 955 million monthly active users, up 29% year-over-year.
- 552 million daily active users, up 32% year-over-year.
- 543 million users, up 67% year-over-year.
Sales and earnings
- Total revenue: $1.18 billion, up 32% from $895 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Revenue from advertising:$992 million, up 28% from last year.
- Payments and other fees revenue for the second quarter was $192 million.
- Costs and expenses: $1.93 billion, up 295% from the second quarter of 2011.
- $743 million GAAP loss from operations, compared to income from operations of $407 million a year earlier.
- Excluding share-based compensation and related payroll tax expenses, $515 million in non-GAAP income from operations, compared to $477 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- $157 million GAAP net loss compared to $240 million in net income in the second quarter of 2011.
- Capital expenditures: $413 million, up 213%
- Cash and marketable securities: $10.2 billion, including $6.8 billion in net proceeds from Facebook’s initial public offering.
Bit of a mixed bag really