Here’s how much data we generate every minute:
- Email users send more than 204 million messages;
- Mobile Web receives 217 new users;
- Google receives over 2 million search queries;
- YouTube users upload 48 hours of new video;
- Facebook users share 684,000 bits of content;
- Twitter users send more than 100,000 tweets;
- Consumers spend $272,000 on Web shopping;
- Apple receives around 47,000 application downloads;
- Brands receive more than 34,000 Facebook ‘likes’;
- Tumblr blog owners publish 27,000 new posts;
- Instagram users share 3,600 new photos;
- Flickr users, on the other hand, add 3,125 new photos;
- Foursquare users perform 2,000 check-ins;
- WordPress users publish close to 350 new blog posts.
Social media marketing companies and social media analysts use these data to help clients create online and Facebook campaigns, where clients are able to track relationships and understand what drives people to share brand information with their community.